Are you thinking of throwing a big party to welcome the New Year? Better yet, are you considering making it a casino party?
If you are, you still have time to plan it and get it going!
The great thing about a casino party is that regardless of who you invite, people will end up meeting each other and mingling. It’s inevitable! They will be busy and you can make sure that the prizes you give out to the winners are so enchanting that people will play hard to get them.
- To start with the planning, imagine first what kind of casino party you want to have. See it in your mind first. Think if you want it to be an upscale casino party (think James Bond in Casino Royale) that might involve guests getting dressed up in cocktail attire, a middle of the road Vegas themed party, or a low-key casino night comprised of poker and beer.
- Once you decide how exactly you want the party to look like, create your invitations alluring your guests to what’s coming. Make sure that they get the message of what you want as a party. How you want them to dress and what kind of mood you will all create at your party. It will get your people very much excited for what’s coming.
- Start thinking about the kinds of games you want to have at your party. There are actually companies that will bring casino games to your venue, so you can have a variety of games for your guests to play. They will often supply the dealers to not only deal the cards, but also explain how the games are played in case some guests are first-timers. If your party is a little more low-key, you can set up a few tables for some of the more basic games like poker and blackjack.
- Instead of using real money (which might be a lot to ask of your guests), print up your own money with the guest of honor’s face on the fake bills. Get some prizes so your guests have something to play for—gift cards or a bottle of wine work well. Presents don’t even have to be that expensive and if you know your guests, then you know what will tickle their attention. For example, I once went to a party where one of the prizes was a big set of Tupperware. One of those “fancy ones” and the female players were fighting tough in their game to get it at all costs.
- Food is always an important business, right? In this case, since your guests will be playing games, you probably don’t want a sit-down meal. Set up a buffet where guests can take a break from the games to grab a plate for themselves.
- Drinks are also vital for any party you host. It’s sort of logical that if you’re hosting a casino party, you will have alcoholic beverages. If you’re hosting an upscale casino party, consider setting up a martini bar. Give guests a few liquors from which to choose from. Set a few different types of mixers and put garnishes like cherries, olives, and orange slices in small bowls. You can even print up a few menu options or let guests have fun creating their own concoctions.
Hopefully, these tips will help you out in throwing a great casino bash. At Slots of Vegas Casino, we hope you have a great new year and a fun party!